Ava

Ava

Sienna

Sienna

Talia

Talia

Monday, March 7, 2011

Fun weekend!



Saturday night we planed going on a much need hubby and wife date. My sister and her hubby came down to watch Ava. I was looking forward to getting candy from the dollar store and going to the dollar movie to watch the new Harry Potter. Well Provo being Provo that did not happen. The theater was a joke. Every movie was sold out. I was SO looking forward to eating candy, watching the movie and holding the husbands hand. Luckily we had a back up plan. Our friends were hosting a game night at the club house but we turned down the invite because of our date. Well we called them up told them we were coming and had a blast. It was so fun. They have done this once before but with different people. They asked us to come again to "break the ice". I think they know I am an easy target for people to laugh at and Tanner is the one to egg it on :) The group are people in our ward. It's so fun to get to know people that you see every week but never really talk to them. I love our ward. I love this complex. There are so many fun people! So yes Saturday night was a success. Sunday was good as well. As we were leaving church a sister Adams came and said "Alana, do you know your daughter is special?" I'm thinking, Uh oh how should I take that? If its because of the red hair I'll fix it don't worry. "She is not like any other child. She is so funny, independent and knows what shes doing." Sister Adams is really nice and funny so I knew she was going to give Ava a complement. Yes that is our child though Miss Independent. I love that their is 100 kids in our ward and everyone just thinks Ava is hilarious. I don't think I will ever have to worry about her being a follower, she definitely is a leader.
When we got home from church Tanner wanted something delicious. He did not want dinner, he wanted sweets. So I made eclairs. I remember looking a recipes a while ago and wanting to try it. It was my first time ever making them but they turned out perfect! For the filling I put Vanilla pudding and Chocolate frosting for the top. This is something I will perfect in the future. Next time I want to put my chocolate orange mousse for the filling.

2 comments:

  1. life of the party AND domestic goddess! man am I glad I know you! and I want to come to a WB game night!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and red hair part made me laugh, seriously makes me think of Jake and his family

    ReplyDelete