Ava

Ava

Sienna

Sienna

Talia

Talia

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Love letter



For my English class we had to write a love letter to something we missed and/or cherished.



My Dearest Alone time in the bathroom,
I know we hardly get to spend any time together. I also know that this problem has been going on for quite some time now. I never thought our lack of time together would affect me so much. I want to apologize for taking you for granted. I never fully appreciated the relationship we had until it was gone.
I saw our relationship start to go downhill when Ava started to walk. With Ava being almost five, I don’t know where the time has gone. I remember, like it was yesterday, being just you and me. We would take our time, read magazines, play games on the phone or read the shampoo bottle just because we could. We could ponder our thoughts and take showers without worrying what was really going on outside that bathroom door. The thing I miss the most is the way you made me feel; so relaxed, calm and level headed.  Now we are lucky to shut the door without Sienna prying her two year old hands in-between the door frame. I don’t know why she torments us. Maybe she hopes to find the cast of Mickey Mouse Club House in there?
I want you to know that I do fight for you. I set the kids up with a show, snack and drink thinking we can get at least ten minutes of just you and me. Those precious minutes help me avoid looking like Oscar the Grouch at church. However, it isn’t long before someone interrupts us with makeup all over their freshly washed face and church dress.  I try to tell myself Sienna will grow out of this “so annoying that she has to be in the bathroom whenever I am” phase. I, however, am given the gentle reminder of our doomed relationship when Talia starts her adorable high pitched scream. Her screaming makes a horror movie look tame. Let’s face it, our relationship is destined to end worse than Romeo and Juliet.
Alone time in the bathroom, I hope you can forgive me. I completely understand if you want to blame me. I was the one who chose to have three kids. I was the one who chose to live in an apartment with one miniscule bathroom. I was the one who married a man that doesn’t understand the cute friendly phrase, “I love you but if you don’t wait your turn I will punch you in the face.” I hope you can take this letter to heart and know that I miss you more than Andy misses Woody. What I am trying to tell you is our relationship is not at an end, it’s more at a “see you later” phase, much later. I miss you, I’ll be seeing you.
Alana

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! This is a work of art! You have a talent, Miss Alana. I loved this:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. cracking me up! love love love love love love

    ReplyDelete