Ava

Ava

Sienna

Sienna

Talia

Talia

Friday, February 4, 2011

Greens!



Every morning we have our SUPER GREENS!! (if I say it exciting Ava get very excited)

Our SUPER GREENS smoothie today include:

Spinach
Avocado
Cucumber
Banana
Red Grapes
Tangerine
Barley Grass Powder
Chia seeds
Agave sweetener
water and ice (some people do apple juice for better taste but I just don't like the extra calories.)

When ever I'm at the store I always buy something different for that week. The new item this week was Tangerines. I did that instead of blueberry's which was in our drink last week. I don't love blueberry's or the taste of them but they have amazing antioxidants and they were on sale. I have been having a sore throat lately so I have been putting more Vitamin C in my drink.

I love this drink. I feel so great the rest of the day. I love that Ava loves it. I tore the top of her sippy cup for her to have it easily (its a thick drink). I never have to worry about her getting all of her nutrients because it has 12x the amount of vegetable severing that you need in a day.


3 comments:

  1. I love green smoothies too! I make them all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And how can you not like blueberries? They are so YUMMY!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol I cut the kids' cups too!
    I don't like blueberry either!

    ReplyDelete