Ava

Ava

Sienna

Sienna

Talia

Talia

Friday, September 11, 2009

Genealogy

Ya I said it GENEALOGY! Now if you are LDS you know that most of us run from this word but if you are not let me explain it a bit. In our church we do work for those who have passed away. This means we get their name and information to go to the temple as if it were them actually doing it. It gives the person who has died a chance to accept not only the gospel but what we have done for them. We do this for our relatives that have past away and keep going up generations until we can’t find anymore information. I have heard of people who have found there family tree all the way up to Adam and Eve (crazy). For example my grandfather died two years ago and he was not sealed in the temple with his parents but the rest of his brothers and sisters were because his niece did the temple work for them before my grandfather died. Now I found this out because the church has a new system that makes genealogy really easy. I have all the information and the approval now to take it to the temple and do the work. I’m so excited about this because he gets to be with all of his family for forever and ever!!! So all of my LDS bloggers I encourage all of you to do genealogy. Not only is it so easy to do but you feel great doing it. Now I keep going to my great grandparents and then my great great grandparents and then my great great great grandparents (I think you get the picture). I’m sorry if I confused everyone with this blog but I’m so excited about genealogy now!!!

3 comments:

  1. I took a genealogy class at BYU. It was really cool. Good for you! I really should get back into it more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alan! I gave the lesson in relief society today, it was on baptisms for the dead and genealogy work. Just so you know, I used you as an example :) Thanks for this miss. I enjoyed you thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Horray for blogs! I'm excited to watch your little family grow. (:

    ReplyDelete