Ava

Ava

Sienna

Sienna

Talia

Talia

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

The constant companion

Being a mother to 3 daughters is wonderful, tiring, emotional, exciting, fun, depressing, joyous thing. I have up and down days. I hate when I have my down days. When I snap out of it, I get so mad at myself for even being down. I came across this gem today and the Lord knew I needed it. Please watch the whole thing, its lovely.
Missionary moment update: I was talking to a friend of mine about the differences with our church. It started with her asking a few questions but then led to more of "bible bashing." I was taught this is not the way to teach about the church to others so I stopped. I don't blame her speculation. She was raised differently. Our beliefs are very different. For her to hear something so different in a short amount of time gives her every right to not believe it. It wasn't until later in the day when I was recapping the convo that I started crying. Some of the things she said hurt my feelings really bad. I know the spirit was with me to keep me calm during the conversation. If I reacted that way in front of her nothing good could have come from that. I didn't realize I was offended until after she left. This is testimony to me that the Holy Ghost kept me calm, kept me patient. I do not think she is a bad person nor do I think she tried to hurt my feelings. She just doesn't understand the love and seriousness I have for this gospel. 
So the first missionary moment wasn't the best but it could have been worse. I won't stop trying. I'll keep going.

Tanner leaves for Nashville in the morning. He won't be home till Sunday night. This stinks.

2 comments:

  1. I know that you know how I feel about motherhood and especially about how you are handling it but I just thought I'd remind you that you are doing the greatest work you could ever do on this earth and you are doing it better than anyone I know. Your daughters are very blessed to have you as their mother and I thank Heavenly Father every day that my son chose you as his eternal companion. I love you more than you know:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing Miss Alana!
    I am so proud of you for sharing the gospel!
    We take the approach of invite people for a meal and invite the missionaries over too and then before the elders leave we say they share a message with us and so the visitors get a lesson too.

    ReplyDelete