Ava

Ava

Sienna

Sienna

Talia

Talia

Monday, December 6, 2010

Christmas Devotional

Sunday we had the wonderful opportunity to go to the Christmas devotional at the confrence center. The first presidency of the church spoke. It was amazing.
We went with our friends who live in Salt Lake because we had two extra tickets.
Thanks to Tanners uncle David we were able to get tickets. David is in charge of all the events that goes on in temple square. We were suppose to pick up our tickets at door 13. When we got to door 13 the lady was very rude to us and did not help us at all. Then we told her that David Miles told us to pick the tickets up here, her attitude changed. We didn't even need tickets to get in. Everytime we passed someone who asked for our tickets we just said David Miles and everyone was EXTRA nice and helped us to our seats. Later I found out that David is their boss. It made me laugh at how rude they were until we said his name. Our seats were amazing we were down front very close to the first presidency. I can not tell you how strong I felt the spirit. I sat there just wanting the Presidency to pour out knowledge on what I should be doing as a parent. As I was sitting there I got that feeling of "Ok take this in, how am I going to teach this to Ava and my other children." Gaining knowledge on Christ and the church not only helps me but I am doing it so I can teach my children. As we walked out of the confrence center I thought to myself "what did I get out of this? What do I need to do now?" The answer was so easy. President Thomas S. Monson said "Although it requires effort and planning, bringing the Spirit of Christ into our hearts and homes can be accomplished." I need to make Christmas traditions based around Christ. This was such a "DUH" moment for me because the past few weeks I have been thinking of traditions Tanner and I can start in our home. Everything I thought of was not based around Christ. Do any of you have any ideas of where we can start Christmas traditions based around Christ??

I loved the Christmas devotional. Seeing all the lights on temple square and the conference center decorated so pretty with the Christmas trees ahhhh so fun. Also the Mormon Tabernacle Choir singing the Christmas songs was amazing to hear. One of the songs they sang was Oh Come all Ye Faithful. Wow. In the middle of the song they had the Orchestra get louder and louder then the Choir came in. WOW. We all got chills and started to cry (ok us girls did). You Tube it. Its good.




2 comments:

  1. I can tell you what we're doing if you'd like. Ask me next time we see each other. There are a couple traditions that we're trying to get/keep going that focus on Christ.

    ReplyDelete